Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.

Tree Work

If you feel you have a tree located on City ROW that is in need of removal or needing trimmed you need to download the Complaint Form or call the Utility Department at 618-548-2222 and request the tree be examined for removal or trimming.
Upon the city receiving this request the city arborist will inspect the tree and determine if the tree is:

1) on City ROW

2) in need of removal due to damage, disease.

3) in need of low branches needing trimmed.

If the arborist's report recommends the tree be removed then a work order is created for the tree to be removed or trimmed by city utility crews.

If the tree is on private property it is the responsibility of the property owner to have the cut down and removed. The city will not pick up this tree waste.

The following is a downloadable form to be used to request a inspection of a tree located on City ROW.