City Manager's Responsibilities
- Work with and support elected officials to develop effective policies.
- Ensure that all laws and ordinances are equitably enforced.
- Seek feedback from residents and businesses to address and solve problems.
- Supervise department heads, employees and top appointees.
- Prepare and administer the annual budget.
- Investigate and address citizen complaints.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the City.
Assistant City Manager's Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate City Hall clerical staff.
- Provide support to the CIty Manager and Department Directors.
- Serve as liaison between staff and teh City Manager with regard to work projects, policy issues and other concerns that need to be addressed.
- Investigate, analyze and formulate strategies for resolution of emerging issues and priorities, as appropriate.
- Represent the City Manager with boards, commissions, and community groups, as needed.
Administrative Assistant's Responsibilities
- Serve as receptionist, answer switchboard, screen callers and visitors, and refer complaints.
- Maintain website.
- Sort and route mail to various departments.
- Serve as support staff for city manager and department heads in routine as well as confidential matters.
- Register participants in recreation programs.
- Serve as Recording Secretary for various boards.